Great on a hot summer day on a grill or with a fancy dinner for two. These portobello caps can also help fill you up as a side dish when calories dip lower.
- 4 lg Portobello Caps
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Mix white wine, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and liquid smoke together in a shallow dish.
- Coat the portobello caps in the marinade, and let sit bottoms up for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the caps, bottoms up on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 more minutes. They should be soft to the touch.
- Slice and serve or put in a sandwich.