A fun way to spice up a tofu dinner. And who doesn’t think hummus belongs on everything. This is a higher calorie tofu dinner, so keep that in mind as you plan out your daily menu.
Hummus Crusted Tofu
- 16 oz High Protein Tofu like Wildwood or Trader Joe's
- 2 Tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage powder
- 1 c Hummus
- 3 Tbsp water
- Drain your tofu and press the excess water out and slice into 1/2 inch strips, making sure to press each strip individually as well to get as much excess moisture out as possible.
- Chop the tofu into one inch cubes.
- In a shallow baking dish, mix together the Braggs, vinegar, 1/2 c. water, rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Place the tofu strips in the marinade and let sit for at least an hour. (You can chill in the fridge overnight too).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the tofu is marinating, mix the three Tbl water into the hummus to make it a bit thinner (this will make it easier to spread on the tofu).
- While the tofu is still sitting in the marinade, pour the hummus over the tofu, gently stirring to evenly, but thickly coat the tofu.
- Bake tofu in the marinade dish for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 equal portions.