- 1/2 c + 3 Tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 c white or yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz Baby Bella mushrooms finely diced
- 2 Tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 c unsweetened, plain soy milk
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add in 2 Tbsp of vegetable broth.
- Once warmed, add in the onions and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add a Tbsp of additional vegetable broth if needed to prevent burning.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and mix it through the vegetables.
- Allow it to cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add in the remaining vegetable broth, almond milk, and soy sauce, and whisk until everything is uniform.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Continue to cook until the gravy thickens up and the vegetables are cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- You will see the color of the mixture go from a pale brown to a deeper golden brown.
- Remove the mixture from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!