Tofurky Reuben recipe from Vegan Proteins.
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Fat Veganaise
- 1 Tbsp dill pickle chips minced
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1/3 c sauerkraut
- 1 slice Daiya vegan swiss cheese
- 7.5 slices Peppered Tofurky Deli Slices
- To make the Russian dressing, thoroughly combine mayonnaise, pickles, capers, and ketchup in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches by evenly spreading dressing on two slices of bread and topping each with half the deli slices, sauerkraut, and cheese. Cover each sandwich with another slice of bread.
- In a large skillet, warm a little cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the two sandwiches, and cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, and slice each sandwich in half.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6.4g40%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g
Vitamin A 55IU1%
Vitamin C 8.4mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!