Tofu Scramble is a simple and delicious way to start the day and also works well with lower carbs. If you do have carbs to play with, you can have it with toast or fruit! If you have access to sulfur salt, it definitely gives this dish a very eggy flavor, but regular salt works well too.
Simple Tofu Scramble
- 1/4 small Onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 oz Extra Firm Tofu drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp sulfur salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- to taste black pepper
- In a frying pan over medium heat, spritz a little cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Crumble the tofu in your hands into the pan. Add the sulfur salt, lemon juice, turmeric, nutritional yeast and black pepper.
- Allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes, letting the bottom brown and scraping the browned bits off the bottom as you occasionally stir.
- When the mixture looks dry and enough of it is browned to your liking, remove from the pan.