This lower carb dinner, can be made more complete for those with more macros to play with by adding some brown or white rice!
Spicy Peanut Tofu Stir Fry
- 7 oz High Protein Tofu
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp oil mild oil like peanut or canola
- 1/2 c Pea Pods
- 1/2 c Broccoli
- 1/4 c Carrots shredded
- 1/4 c onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or red chili flakes)
- 3 Tbsp PB2
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Press your tofu if you have time, but this isn't mandatory.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cornstarch and salt into a ziplock bag. Add the tofu, zip the bag and give it a toss so the tofu is coated with the cornstarch.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients for the sauce in a blender until smooth. Alternatively you can just whisk it very well in a bowl.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add the cubed tofu to the pan and let fry for 3 minutes. Flipping the tofu as needed to ensure even browning on all sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the prepared sauce to the tofu and allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- When the tofu is caramelized, remove to a plate.
- Add the veggies to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or to desired doneness on high.
- Add the tofu back into the skillet, turn the stove off. Drizzle in the peanut sauce and toss to coat. Remove stir fry to a serving dish.
- Top with chopped peanuts and serve with brown rice or quinoa.