This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite restaurants here in Masachusetts, Life Alive. They were the first place I ever found when I went vegan and they introduced me to so many flavors. This wrap has apples, cashews, hummus, and a delicious dressing that just hits all the cravings. A perfect lunch. Also Joseph’s makes the best low carb Lavash bread, pita’s and tortillas I’ve ever found but there are others coming out all the time.
The Low Carb Seeker Wrap
- 1 sheet Joseph's Oat, Bran and Flax Tortilla
- 1/4 c Hummus
- 50 g Apple thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cashews chopped
- 1/4 small Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Baby Carrots shredded
- 1 c Spring Mix
- 1 serving Tofurkey Maple Bacon Tempeh
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Cook the tempeh strips over medium/high heat until they start to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Lay out your Lavash Wrap on your work space.
- Spread hummus across the center of the wrap.
- Layer apple slices, cucumber slices, and tempeh slices on top of the hummus.
- Add spring mix and grated carrot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, tahini, and water until well mixed.
- Drizzle dressing over the greens.
- Wrap your lavash up carefully. Pin with toothpicks if necessary.