This is my original protein pancake recipe. Using oat flour and (THIS IS KEY:) brown rice protein powder make the consistency some of the best I’ve found. Try to use brown rice protein powder. I like the ORIGINAL Sun Warrior, but truly, any brown rice protein will work. This cooks like an actual grain, as opposed to pea based proteins that stay gummy.
Basic Protein Pancakes - Soy Free Gluten Free
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior Raw Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 c oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 packet/drops Stevia to taste
- 1/2 c water
- In a medium bowl, mix protein powder, oat flour and baking powder until well incorporated.
- Add in stevia, vanilla, and water. Stir until mixed, some small lumps are ok.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat and allow to get hot before spritzing with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter on the skillet to desired pancake size.
- Allow to cook until the edges are dry and the top is covered with bubbles.
- Flip pancakes.
- Allow to cook for another tow minutes before removing from heat.
- Top with fruit compote if your macros allow!