This recipe cooks up quickly and is packed with flavor and protein. Although this recipe was originally made with seitan, you can also use cubed tofu or tempeh in place of seitan, but it will alter the macronutrient content.
"Beef" and Broccoli
- 1 pound seitan cut into strips (can use tofu or tempeh instead also)
- 1/2 tsp vegetable broth paste
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsps sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks green onions finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 c Broccoli
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add your seitan and saute just until it starts to crisp up, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. (You can also use cubed tofu or tempeh for this step instead - but it will alter the macros)
- Add broth paste, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic, and green onions to the pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes until it is a low boil.
- Take about 1/3 c of the liquid out of the pot and whisk the cornstarch into it. Add this mixture back to the pot and stir it in to coat.
- Add the broccoli to the pot and stir it in well. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until the broccoli is cooked to desired doneness.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.