Oh my goodness. So carrot cake is my go to dessert any time it is available. When you think of carrot cake, most of the ingredients are actually quite healthy! Repurposed and repackaged we have a delicious carrot cake oatmeal that you can have any old morning!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1/2 c Oats - Dry
- 1 c water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp applesauce unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp carrot shredded
- 1 Tbsp Raisins
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add a small pinch of salt to the water.
- Turn the heat to low, then add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to incorporate once. Then cover and allow to cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes until water has just absorbed. Then turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: The length of time this takes to cook will depend on the type of oats you use (ie quick oats vs whole oats). You may peek under the lid every couple of minutes once it's covered but do not stir.