Everyone is always looking for new ways to have tofu, right? Well this way is great as a main dish or on top of a salad. Spicy and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, this is a great recipe for a true tofu lover.
- 14 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices in a spice mix making sure everything is well incorporated. Pour onto a flat plate.
- In a separate small bowl, ix together olive oil, soy sauce and garlic.
- Slice the tofu into "steaks" at the size you prefer.
- Rub each piece of tofu with the olive oil mixture on both size until evenly covered.
- Press each piece of tofu into the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place each piece on a baking sheet, lined with foil and spritzed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cookie sheet about 6 inches under a broiler on high. Cook for 6 minutes and flip. Cook fir 6 minutes more.
- NOTE: Some broilers are stronger than others! Keep an eye on this one! It's done when the tofu has black spots and looks almost burned in some areas.