Everyone is always looking for new ways to have tofu, right? Well this way is great as a main dish or on top of a salad. Spicy and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, this is a great recipe for a true tofu lover.
Spicy and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, this is a great recipe for a true tofu lover.
- 14 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices in a spice mix making sure everything is well incorporated. Pour onto a flat plate.
- In a separate small bowl, ix together olive oil, soy sauce and garlic.
- Slice the tofu into "steaks" at the size you prefer.
- Rub each piece of tofu with the olive oil mixture on both size until evenly covered.
- Press each piece of tofu into the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place each piece on a baking sheet, lined with foil and spritzed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cookie sheet about 6 inches under a broiler on high. Cook for 6 minutes and flip. Cook fir 6 minutes more.
- NOTE: Some broilers are stronger than others! Keep an eye on this one! It's done when the tofu has black spots and looks almost burned in some areas.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!