This is a side dish that can easily turn into a main dish by adding a little baked tofu or seitan and a side of green veggies.
Chickpea Quinoa Pilaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 c Cooked Quinoa dry
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 c vegetable broth
- In a small stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions in olive oil for about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, coriander, cumin, black pepper, and salt; saute for another minute.
- Add the quinoa and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the chickpeas and broth; cover and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, lower the heat to very low, cover, and cook for about 18 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water; stir occasionally.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.