I LOVE making seitan sausage. Using this method, you can make so many flavors. This recipe it a great chipotle/chorizo flavor. You can use this in sub sandwiches, grind it up in tacos, or have it along side tofu rancheros.
Chorizo Seitan Sausage
- 1/4 c vital wheat gluten
- 1 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cajun spice blend
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 c water
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tomato sauce, oil and water.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add the liquid mixture and mix until a dough ball forms, adding 1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten if it is too sticky or loose.
- Roll the dough into a log. Place on a piece of aluminum foil and roll up like a tootsie roll, twisting each end.
- Place in a steamer basket and steam for 45 min.