If you’re struggling to get in your calories, this bar is for you. Using very dense ingredients, these bars pack a punch. To those of you in a caloric deficit, maybe skip over this one…
Dani's Dense Energy Bars
- 1/4 c coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 c applesauce unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 390 g Banana (about 3 lg bananas), mashed
- 1/2 c walnut pieces
- 2 scoops Sun Warrior Raw Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 c Oats - Dry
- 10 Medjool Date
- 1/2 c Raisins
- 1/2 c dried apricots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, peanut butter, mashed bananas, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the ground flax seeds, apple sauce, cinnamon and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats with the dried fruit, nuts and seeds.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, pressing with your hands to create an even surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely in pan. Lift out and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Wrap individual bars tightly for transporting.