If you really like getting creative in the kitchen, you’ll enjoy taking your meal prep game to the next level by making your own protein bars! Salty and sweet, these chocolate peanut butter pretzel bars will satisfy any craving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Protein Bars
- 1 c peanut flour
- 1/4 c vital wheat gluten
- 4 scoop Sun Warrior Raw Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c quick oats
- 1/3 c Chocolate Chips
- 42 g Hard Pretzels 1.5 servings
- 10 packets/drops Stevia to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 8X8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut flour, gluten flour, cocoa powder, Sun Warrior protein, baking powder, stevia packets (more or less to taste). Mix very well.
- Slowly add the almond milk and vanilla, incorporating well. The dough will become quite thick, and you will probably need to knead it with your hands to get everything mixed in.
- Once this is all mixed, add in the oats and keep kneading until incorporated well.
- Press evenly into the pan right out to the edges. It will not spread much while cooking, so be sure to pat it out evenly before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips, fairly evenly. Return to oven for 3 more minutes or until chocolate chips are melted enough to spread.
- Spread with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Top with pretzel bits. Use the spatula to gently press the pretzels into the melted chocolate.
- Let cool to room temperature, and cut into 8 equal bars.
- Store in the fridge!