This is actually not my recipe, but my client and friend Ghia Walker’s. She is also a vegan bodybuilder and coach herself! You can find her YouTube Channel here and her Instagram page here! She is amazing and definitely worth the follow! I know this recipe sounds weird because it has whole seed mustard in it, and I was skeptical, but I swear, it is amazing and you can’t taste mustard at all but the seeds break up the gluten in a delicious way!
Ghia's High Protein Lemon Loaf
- 1 c vital wheat gluten
- ⅓ c cornmeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ c shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1¼ c Walden Farms Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- In a medium bowl, which together vital wheat gluten, cornmeal flour, baking powder, and coconut shreds.
- Add in the whole grain mustard until well incorporated and a bit crumbly.
- Add Walden Farms Sugar Free Pancake Syrup, vanilla and lemon extract. (If adding lemon zest, add it now) Mix until completely combined, You may need you mix using your hands, but try not to overmix it. It should be a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball in a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper or spritzed with cooking spray. Press the dough out to the edges as best you can because this will not spread.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and let cool fully before slicing into 4 equal pieces.