Thanks for checking out our recipes! If you can’t see the recipe below, it means you’re not a member yet! Check out our health and fitness membership below. It comes with access to all of these recipes, daily scheduled workouts in our amazing app, our meal planner, our macro calculation tools, and live coaching calls. It cannot be beat! Check it out below!
Meatless Loaf (Halloween)
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 250 g mushrooms,
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1-1/2 c vital wheat gluten
- 3 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 1/2 c barbeque sauce
- Preheat a pan on the stove to medium heat and your oven to 375°F/190°C
- Saute diced onion with water or vegetable broth until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Process chickpeas and mushrooms together until crumbly, but not quite a paste.
- Transfer chickpea and mushroom mixture to a bowl and add cornmeal, onion, Italian seasoning, sea salt, black pepper, and onions. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix liquid smoke, vegetable broth, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Mix liquid into dry and mix well.
- Add vital wheat gluten and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprayed foil or a Silpat mat, pour your mixture. Using your hands, press into a bone shape or any other “spooky” shape you desire (if making for Halloween)! You could also use a themed cake pan.
- Coat with a thick layer of BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 1 hr 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You can start checking around the 1 hr mark.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.