Rice is such a great versatile carb. You can make this one from scratch OR if you have leftover rice kicking around you can use it to make this recipe and just skip step one!
- 1 c Cooked Brown Rice
- 2 c water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 c Onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 c green onion finely chopped
- In a small pot, bring rice and water to a boil. When the water is boiling, cover and bring heat to low. Allow to cook for about 35 minutes until the water has absorbed. Turn the heat off and let the pot stand covered for another 15 min. Let cool before proceeding to next step.
- Alternatively you can use pre cooked brown rice.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add sesame oil.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and drizzle in the soy sauce. Toss to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes until the rice is browned.
- Stir in green onions.