High Protein Sandwich Bread
- 2 1/2 c all purpose four (300g)
- 1 1/2 c vital wheat gluten (180g)
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 c hot water (110°F)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, vital wheat gluten, yeast, and salt until well mixed.
- In a smaller bowl, dissolve sugar into the hot water.
- Add the water mixture to the flour mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Mix as little as possible to fully incorporate everything. Do not overmix this.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 inch bread pan.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 hours before slicing.
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 12.3gProtein: 8.8gFat: 0.6gFiber: 2.2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!