I LOVE making seitan sausages. Using this method, you can make so many flavors too. This one is Italian sausage, great for Italian sandwiches, on pizza or in pasta.
- 1/4 c vital wheat gluten
- 1 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/4 c water
- 1 tsp oil
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix sauce, oil and water.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid mixture in. Mix until it forms a firm ball, add a Tbsp more of vital wheat gluten if it is to sticky or not forming a ball.
- Roll the dough into a log and put on a piece of aluminum foil. Roll it up like a tootsie roll and twist each end.
- Place in a steamer basket and steam for 45 min.