This is not a low calorie cookie. But it is a soy free, gluten free cookie that HAS a fair amount of protein. You can play with this recipe, using add-ins, and trying different nut butters out. The coconut flour makes these super satisfying as well so don’t skip that!
Protein Snickerdoodle Cookie
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1 c Sun Warrior Raw Vanilla Protein Powder (or other vanilla brown rice protein powder)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk vanilla unsweetened
- 1/2 c Cashew Butter
- 1/2 c Bee Free Honee
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the coconut flour, protein powder, cinnamon and baking powder together.
- Add almond milk, Bee Free Honee, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, and vanilla into the flour mixture.
- This will be a very stiff dough. You will need to use your hands to knead it all together. Add almond milk 1-2 Tbsp at a time if it is too dry. But the result should be a stiff, dry dough that holds together when you squeeze it into a ball.
- Split the dough into quarters and then each quarter in half. Form each piece into a large thick cookie about the size of your palm and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar on each cookie and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Allow to cool before eating for best texture.