Giacomo's BBQ Seitan Ribs
- 2 c vital wheat gluten
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/4 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1-2 c BBQ sauce *Carbs may differ depending on BBQ sauce used. We recommend our 'World's Easiest Low-Carb Vegan BBQ Sauce'!
- 1 tsp liquid smoke *Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper together well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable broth, soy sauce and peanut butter until well combined.
- Set 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce aside for later.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and use your hands to combine until a dough forms. Do not knead for too long. You want your dough JUST combined!
- Flatten dough out into a rectangle. Using a serrated knife cut seitan dough in half lengthwise then cut the halves into "ribs"/strips.
- Coat a 9x13 pan with spray oil and place ribs into your greased pan giving them enough space so they do not stick together.
- Bake for 25 minutes total. Flip halfway through baking and finish baking for remaining 12 minutes.
- Optional: Add liquid smoke to BBQ sauce and mix to combine.
- Pour half of your BBQ sauce over the ribs in the pan and toss to coat.
- Place ribs in a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, turning to brown on all sides. Spread remaining BBQ sauce over the ribs as you brown. Remove from heat and set aside to rest once browned!
Calories: 212kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 27gFat: 4gFiber: 1.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!